Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Bolton R.U.F.C. app


Under 12s - Match centre

Bolton R.U.F.C.
Sun 15 Apr 11:00 - Tournament Kickoff 11:00

Under 12's Waterfall round 4. A loss and a win.


Missing players are missed!

Bolton 5 v Rochdale 30
A much closer match than the score line suggests. Bolton were missing loads of players and others were forced to play out of position. Rochdale scored in the first minute as Bolton came to terms with who was playing where. The next 12 minutes saw a great game, Bolton gradually finding their stride but even then disrupted by injuries which saw further changes. Rochdale scored again after 9 mins but as the clock went red Bolton's perseverance paid off when Jack Lightbown touched down.
Further changes followed - the rules of the competition state ALL players must play and Bolton play to the rules. Sadly the replacements did not gel as hoped and Rochdale scored 4 unanswered tries all down the wings. Final Scores 5-30.

Bolton 20 v Tyldesley 15
This time Bolton were quick off the blocks. Josh Bentley-Hughes scoring within a minute followed by Callum Purnell shortly after. After 8 minutes a flowing move involving most of the team saw Daniel McGuiness almost score but he was stopped illegally; a quickly taken 5mtr penalty by Jack Good saw the ball back in Daniel's hands and this time no one stopped him. Then in a repeat of the previous match, Jack Lightbown scored in added time, though this time he broke a couple of tackles in our half and simply outran the rest of the defence. HT 20-0.
Once again Bolton put on their 'finishers' but with further injuries to contend with things did not look good. Bolton could simply not get out of their own half - rarely out of the 22mtr area. Despite heroic Bolton defending Tyldesley crept back, getting a 3rd try after 10 mins, so with 5 minutes to go another try would level it. Bolton had other ideas, finally deciding that playing in their opponents half might be a plan. A turnover following a dis-allowed Bolton try saw Tyldesley launch one last attack but as time went Bolton recovered the ball. Even then the match didn't finish, the referee was playing advantage so Tyldesley had one last chance, the ball was swept from the right wing to the left, superb handling under pressure but Henry Ainscough and Luke Parry combined to bundled the winger, ball, referee and a couple of random spectators into touch and to every Bolton players delight the final whistle went.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors